Navigace  |  Obsah  |  Vyhledávání
CSENDEFRRUNLHU
Vajgar pond
was mentioned the first time in 1399. The noticeable island in the middle of the pond was built in 1860 by the order of count Jaromir Czernin as a gift for his wife Karolina. It's 49 ha large and divided into Small and Large pond. It became inseparable part of the Jindřichův Hradec panorama.

Občané tudy ->

Přeskočit navigaci

Navigation

 



 

The houses are speaking

The houses in Jindřichův Hradec are speaking

The walls of houses, cottages, bungalows and villas in Jindřichův Hradec hide beautiful and tragic moments, closely connected with destinies of its inhabitants. Each of them left his or her memory – the very simple people as well as personalities of cultural, political or other importance. If only the houses in Jindřichův Hradec could tell their stories! Undoubtedly, they would say at least something to visitors with open hearts…..

Langr´s House in Náměstí Míru square. It has two description numbers as originally there were two Late Gothic houses, later connected and rebuilt in renaissance style. While the rear and front part are approximately from the years 1530-1540, the yard arcade gallery was built a little bit later. In 1579, there were created sgrafitti with images from the Old Testament, distinguishing the house from the others. The tradition says, that house No.139 is one of the oldest in the town. You can find an exhibition hall and sales gallery of arts in house No.138.

Landfras Printing Works. The builder Josef Schaffer provided the house with pure classicism appearance in 1827. The older object was increased in one floor and a new façade was done. Just since 1797, the building served as printing works of Landfras family – in the course of the 19h century it became one of the largest printing works in Bohemia. The one floor classicist building has a seven-axis main front to Balbínovo square, with central risalito, topped with a triangle shield. The entry is covered by a balcony element.

Old Town Hall Building. The oldest record of the stone building of the town hall dates back to 1493, but it was built several years earlier. One year later, Master Hanuš, probably the author of well-known astronomical clock in Prague Old Town, installed a new clock here. The town hall was subject to many adjustments in the forthcoming years. It was damaged during fire at the beginning of the 17th century and mainly after the devastating fire in 1801, when it was re-built nearly from the base. The most interesting part of the town hall interiors is the secession assembly hall on the second floor, adjusted at the beginning of the 20th century based on design of popular Czech architect Jan Kotěra and serving to representative purposes up to these days.

Hotel U zlaté husy. It can be found in the north-east corner of Náměstí Míru square, it is of Gothic origin, re-built in 16th century according to Renaissance rules. Karel Havlíček Borovský spent his last night in Bohemia when involuntarily travelling to exile in Brixen. It is said that the popular Czech writer, journalist and politician met another important visitor to the town, Josef Kajetán Tyl. The local citizens placed a memorial plaque to the hotel façade to commemorate the night that Borovský spent in Jindřichův Hradec.

Střelnice Building. The building was built in the 20´s of the 19th century by sharpshooters from Jindřichův Hradec. At that time, Střelnice was furnished with luxury. There were three beautiful chandeliers in the hall, there were even billiard tables and other equipment in the value of nearly three thousand florins. For a long time, the building became a centre of social and cultural life of Jindřichův Hradec and its surroundings. Festive opening of Střelnice aftr extensive re-construction was held in December 1891. The current and less pretentious appearance dates back to the 40´s of the 20th century. One of the most important social events happened there on 15 February 1846. There was held the first Czech ball,
where the visitors heard the son of František Škroup with text of J.K.Tyl – Where is my home. At that time, nobody had an idea that this would be the Czech national anthem.

Palace Mill. The originally Gothic mill, mentioned for the first time as early as in 1485, can be found in the premises of State castle and palace in Jindřichův Hradec. It was enlarged and re-built in Renaissance style in 1551. In 70´s of the 17th century it was equipped with 14 water wheels and since then it was called „At the fourteen“. In 1886, construction of a power plant according to projects of František Křižík started. The power plant was put into operation two years later. The first test of lighting was performed as early as in 1887 and Jindřichův Hradec was the first lighting town after Prague. The water power plant of Křižík is still functional. The whole object is a national cultural monument.

House Dům u Bradáče.
On the way from Jindřichův Hradec in the direction of Buk, after you cross the bridge over Nežárka River, there is a house that the inhabitants of Jindřichův Hradec call „U Bradáče/The beaver“. It is not only because of untypical decoration of the house corner. The stuke head allegedly indicates the level of floods long time ago. Another explanation says that a barber shop used to be in this house, the core of which dates back to the beginning of the 16th century.

28.6.2011 14:05:36 - updated 16.1.2012 15:44:14 | read 7545x | marcela.kozlova

Search



 
Informační středisko město Jindřichův Hradec © 2011  |  Panská 136/I, 377 01 Jindřichův Hradec, Česká republika
tel. +420 384 363 546  |  e-mail: info@jh.cz
Website for mobile phones
load